how do I convert Windows/DOS NEWLINEs to unix ?
Toto
2019-10-07 23:23:45 UTC
how do I convert Windows/DOS NEWLINEs to unix ?
--
Cet email a fait l'objet d'une analyse antivirus par AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Adam H. Kerman
2019-10-11 06:08:26 UTC
Post by Toto
how do I convert Windows/DOS NEWLINEs to unix ?
--
Cet email a fait l'objet d'une analyse antivirus par AVG.
http://www.avg.com
1) Go into options in your AVG client to turn off the add appended to
every Usenet article.

2) During file transfer between to machines in an ftp or sftp client's
command window, open the connection, then change to ascii mode. One just
types "ascii", and it should respond with something like Switching to
ASCII mode.

ASCII mode is appropriate for transforming the line boundary when
transferring text files between hosts on different operating systems.
DO NOT use ASCII mode for transferring executables or non-text files.
That's what binary mode is for.