Thunderbird
Soup
2024-03-12 13:52:15 UTC
Trying to get the newsgroup back on track, if everyone starts asking
questions (now GG is no more) the group should improve , hah well we
can all dream.

I wish to view each folder in threaded form.
This is to include subthreads
I have tried the threaded option in View > Sort by > threaded but this
only gives me one level of threading I.E. it will group by thread but
will NOT show sub threads.
What should I be doing.
Thunderbird 115.8.1
kyonshi
2024-03-21 19:14:35 UTC
Post by Soup
Trying to get the newsgroup back on track, if everyone starts asking
questions (now GG is no more) the group should improve ,  hah well we
can all dream.
  I wish to view each folder in threaded form.
   This is to include subthreads
I have tried the threaded option in  View > Sort by > threaded  but this
only gives me one level of threading I.E. it will group by thread but
will NOT show sub threads.
   What should I be doing.
Thunderbird 115.8.1
That's an interesting question and it has bugged me as well. The
Thunderbird page from Mozilla claims you have to just enable threaded
view, but that results only in the behavior we experience. (it does show
a properly threaded thread in a screenshot though).
Will have to investigate a bit more.
Mike Gonta
2024-03-21 19:40:53 UTC
Post by kyonshi
Post by Soup
Trying to get the newsgroup back on track, if everyone starts asking
questions (now GG is no more) the group should improve ,  hah well we
can all dream.
   I wish to view each folder in threaded form.
    This is to include subthreads
I have tried the threaded option in  View > Sort by > threaded  but
this only gives me one level of threading I.E. it will group by thread
but will NOT show sub threads.
    What should I be doing.
Thunderbird 115.8.1
That's an interesting question and it has bugged me as well. The
Thunderbird page from Mozilla claims you have to just enable threaded
view, but that results only in the behavior we experience. (it does show
a properly threaded thread in a screenshot though).
Will have to investigate a bit
Version 115.9.0 (64-bit)
There are 3 small icon buttons to the left of "Subject".
The first shows a tooltip "Toggle message threads".
--
Mike Gonta
look and see - many look but few see

https://mikegonta.com
kyonshi
2024-03-21 21:18:44 UTC
Post by Mike Gonta
Post by kyonshi
Post by Soup
[...]
Which "Subject:" do you mean?
I am using the same version. Are you using Windows or Linux?
Mike Gonta
2024-03-21 21:34:51 UTC
Post by kyonshi
Post by Mike Gonta
Post by kyonshi
Post by Soup
[...]
The column headers in table view.
At the end of the column headers there is a small icon button "Select
columns to display".
Drop that down and check "Thread".
Post by kyonshi
I am using the same version. Are you using Windows or Linux?
Windows

https://mikegonta.com
kyonshi
2024-03-22 08:25:53 UTC
Post by Mike Gonta
Post by kyonshi
Post by Mike Gonta
Post by kyonshi
I am using the same version. Are you using Windows or Linux?
Windows
It was in fact the issue that I was in Cards view in the first place.
Didn't even know that there was a different View to be found there.
Now it's threading properly.
Soup
2024-03-22 10:38:40 UTC
Post by kyonshi
Post by Soup
Trying to get the newsgroup back on track, if everyone starts asking
questions (now GG is no more) the group should improve ,  hah well we
can all dream.
   I wish to view each folder in threaded form.
    This is to include subthreads
I have tried the threaded option in  View > Sort by > threaded  but
this only gives me one level of threading I.E. it will group by thread
but will NOT show sub threads.
    What should I be doing.
Thunderbird 115.8.1
That's an interesting question and it has bugged me as well. The
Thunderbird page from Mozilla claims you have to just enable threaded
view, but that results only in the behavior we experience. (it does show
a properly threaded thread in a screenshot though).
Will have to investigate a bit more.
What worked for me (in the end) was not at all obvious

Click through to View/Layout/MessageListHeader

then you'll probably get *two* Quick Filter buttons, to the right of the
second one is the "ladder" aka Message List Display Options

There you can switch between Table View and Cards View,

https://postimg.cc/9wmqXDYh
kyonshi
2024-03-22 10:44:56 UTC
Post by Soup
Post by kyonshi
Post by Soup
[...]
yes, I found that as well. It seems version 115 of TB set the new Cards
View as the default. It was mentioned in the release notes, but whoever
is reading those?

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/115.0/whatsnew/

I guess I should be if I don't want stuff like that happening again.